Oracle OpenWorld, San Francisco, Calif. – September 20, 2010
- Oracle today revealed the winners of its 2010 Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Partner Specialization Awards at its annual Oracle OpenWorld gathering, the world's largest and most important conference for Oracle technologists, business users, and channel partners.
- The awards recognize OPN partners who have demonstrated excellence in solution innovation a track record in delivering outstanding customer value, and shown commitment to Specialization. Also honored were Value Added Distributors for the vital service they perform.
- The companies named ‘EMEA Partner of the Year’ across the eight categories, were: Database – e-DBA Ltd (UK), Middleware – eProseed Belgium (Belgium), Applications – BPI OnDemand (UK), ISV – SIV.AG (Germany), Midsize – Sinfo One (Italy), Industry – Capgemini (UK), Value Added Distributor – Avnet Technology Solutions (UK), Accelerate – Inoapps (UK).
- A rigorous, three-tier, internal judging process by a panel of product, country and EMEA level executives from Oracle Alliances & Channels shortlisted the nominations. Further scrutiny and review from a panel of EMEA-based judges from global analyst house, IDC completed the process.
- Winners benefit from a range of benefits including: $5k market development funding for business expansion in other countries; a specific "Partner Specialization Award Winner" advertising campaign; a complementary full conference pass to Oracle OpenWorld 2010 in San Francisco; automatic submission as the EMEA entry to the Global OPN Awards; and a range of promotion through Oracle PR and marketing support.
- The EMEA Awards were launched in March 2010, and align with the OPN Specialized program which aims to help channel partners establish industry recognition by following a formal process to become differentiated in key Oracle solution areas.
- Stein Surlien, Senior Vice President, Oracle Alliances and Channels EMEA, said: “These awards recognize the highest levels of innovation, excellence and commitment our channel partners offer when they work and become specialized with Oracle. The winners clearly demonstrated tangible customer success, growth in their Oracle business and outstanding Oracle solutions; their results are truly inspirational. I am privileged to be able to recognize these partners for their significant achievement, and wish them the greatest success for the future."
- Darren Bibby, Program Director, Software Channels Research, IDC said: “The quality of the nominations was excellent and the success of these partners is proof of the value they get from Oracle and the OPN Specialized program. There are some very strong Oracle partners in the EMEA region solving challenging business problems for the most discerning of customers."
Database Partner of the Year
Winner: e-DBA Ltd (UK) – Platinum OPN partner, e-DBA, won this category in recognition of its tangible success in delivering outstanding Oracle database solutions to customers coming from its added value approach which enables customer to get full value out of Oracle Database options, as well as its commitment to and growth in its Oracle business. This news follows closely on the heels of the company being named Oracle UK Technology Partner of the year 2010.
Alex Louth, director, e-DBA, said, "This award means a huge amount to the e-DBA team. It is proof of our strong customer success in using established, as well as cutting edge and emerging Oracle technology, our commitment to excellence, and the fact that our renewed focus over the last year to offer better services and solutions within the UK market has really paid off.”
Runner up: Explorer (UK) Ltd
Middleware Partner of the Year
Winner: eProseed Belgium – Gold OPN partner eProseed was recognized for its success in demonstrating a deep understanding of Oracle Middleware technology consistently delivering business value from Oracle solutions in customer implementations, and its commitment to specialization. eProseed was the first OPN partner in EMEA to implement solutions using Oracle Business Process Management 11g and Oracle Application Integration Architecture 11g), and to offer partner training on these Oracle technologies. The company was also recently crowned Oracle Benelux Industry Partner of the Year 2010.
Geoffroy de Lamalle, CEO, eProseed, said, said, “We are delighted to win this award. As a niche market player Oracle middleware has been of great strategic importance to us. Twinning it with our value-added management services has allowed us to deliver more business value more quickly to the customer and empower users. As a result, we have built up a solid track record of delivering tailor-made projects on time, and on budget, and that enable our clients to increase their business agility. It is great to be recognized for this.”
Runner up: Iconsulting (Italy)
Applications Partner of the Year
Winner: BPI OnDemand (UK) – Gold OPN partner, and one of the only Oracle CRM On Demand resellers in the UK, was recognized for its fully managed approach which enables customers to reduce their operational expenses, its expertise and experience in Oracle applications, and consequently impressive revenue growth, as well as its commitment to specialization. Also key to BPI winning the award was its development of an Oracle Accelerate Solution offering Oracle CRM on Demand as a Managed Service, taking the product into a brand new customer base in the small and medium sized business segment.
Fred Wilkinson, Managing Director, BPI OnDemand (UK), said, “We are committed to providing small and medium sized businesses with the benefits of a fully managed, enterprise class CRM service, such as Oracle CRM On Demand, within their budget, IT and business constraints. This award is proof that we are successfully achieving this goal and we are proud of this recognition. It further proves that we have the technical and customer management skills to offer our customer the best level of support and deliver CRM projects to the highest standard.”
Runner up: INTRACOM Jordan
ISV Partner of the Year
Winner: SIV.AG (Germany) – Platinum OPN partner, SIV.AG, is one of the leading German software providers and consulting companies. Its bespoke software solutions encompass the central customer-related business processes around billing, finance, technical assets, customer relationship management for the energy and water distribution market. The award recognizes the company’s commitment to and comprehensive use of Oracle products/infrastructure. Since 2009, the development of SIV’s kVASY SOA, has been based on the whole Oracle Fusion Middleware stack, and has delivered excellent results with regard to mass data processing, especially in billing, helping by the use of Oracle databases not only for data storage but also for data processing.
Joerg Sinnig, CEO, SIV.AG. said, "We are delighted to receive this OPN Award. The energy market is facing some challenging times ahead due to the impact of liberalization, regulation, and changes such as the separation of grid and distribution. The award is proof that we have been able to adapt and help our customers meet the continuously growing requirements for business process flexibility and efficiency in the utility market."
Runner up: International Turnkey Systems – ITS (UAE)
Midsize Partner of the Year
Winner: Sinfo One (Italy) – Sinfo One, an OPN Platinum partner with Specializations in Business Intelligence Foundation, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Hyperion Planning, Oracle Business Intelligence and Consumer Products, was recognized for its success in the midsize business space. Key to the company’s selection was the demonstration of its total commitment to Oracle’s philosophy regarding integration between the application and technology layers.
Fabio Tamiazzo, General Manager, Sinfo One, said, “We are delighted to work with Oracle to provide solutions that are an asset to our customers’ business, and not just a cost, and to be recognized for our success in this activity. The entire Oracle stack has become more and more important for us, as we want to build the most effective and most innovative solutions for our clients. It’s also important for our customers, because they want an agile, open, flexible infrastructure than supports their business goals.”
Runner up: arin innovation (Spain)
Industry Partner of the Year
Winner: Capgemini (UK) – After taking the Oracle UK Partner Award 2010 for the most innovative use of software with its Transformational Government Delivery Portfolio (t-Gov), Platinum OPN partner, Capgemini (UK) was named EMEA Industry Partner of the Year. Capgemini’s ‘t-Gov, which utilizes Oracle ERP and supporting technology, enables a Local Authority or Central Government department to reconcile the conflicts involved in reducing available funding whilst attempting to deal with ever increasing demands and pressures.
Jonathan Ebsworth, VP, Head of Operations, Technology Services UK, Capgemini said: “Given the current political and economic situation in the UK, this portfolio is more relevant than ever before. By utilizing our methodology and these highly integrated, pre-configured Oracle applications, supported by the depth of Oracle’s partner program, we believe the t-Gov portfolio will help users in the public sector, and beyond, accelerate and de-risk the realization of cashable savings and other benefits. We are proud of our relationship with Oracle and are delighted to receive this recognition.”
Runner up: Mannai Trading Company Ltd (Qatar)
Value Added Distributor of the Year
Winner: Avnet Technology Solutions (UK) – The award recognizes this Platinum level OPN partner for its expertise across the Oracle portfolio, commitment to specialization, success to date in the UK, and its ongoing dedication to accelerating the success of Oracle value-added reseller partners doing business both in the UK and increasingly through its growing European business.
Gary Coburn, Senior Vice President Product Business Groups, Avnet Technology Solutions said, “We have proven our commitment to Oracle across multiple countries in EMEA and we will continue to invest in our Oracle business, both to grow the existing business and to expand with Oracle into new territories. This award illustrates the effectiveness of Avnet’s investments to-date and the continued efforts to provide a world-class service to our business partners. Our success is reflected in the scale and scope we have achieved and in our ability to build meaningful solutions with Oracle which are based on our deep understanding of our partners’ requirements. It’s a great compliment to receive recognition from those we strive to support."
Runner up: Arrow ECS (France)
Accelerate Partner of the Year
Winner: Inoapps (UK) – This Platinum OPN partner gained this title for its Accelerate solution for Oil and Gas industries, its expertise in the full range of Oracle solutions and its commitment towards specialization.
Andy Bird, Managing Director, Inoapps (UK), said, “The complexities of working onshore and offshore in the oil and gas industry present a unique set of challenges, particularly in areas such as Joint Venture Accounting, Asset Management, Projects and Supply Chain Management. Through utilizing the full range of Oracle Applications and Technology, we have developed a range of industry specific modules which have gained a first class reputation in delivering high quality tailored solutions to manage all of these processes more effectively and efficiently. It is testimony to our success in this area that we have been awarded this recognition by Oracle.”
Runner up: Alfa Sistemi (Italy)
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.