Reading, UK, July 25, 2012
- Oracle today announced that GrowHow, a UK manufacturer and supplier of nitrogen based chemicals, ammonium nitrate and compound fertilizers and a major supplier to the process chemicals industry, has selected key applications from the Oracle Supply Chain Management solution to gain visibility and control of its fulfillment operations and to improve operational effectiveness.
- For the first time, GrowHow will be able to access a single view of its supply chain, enabling improved management of orders, inventory, suppliers, warehouses, transport operations and hauliers.
- By automating many fulfillment and execution processes, GrowHow will be able to drive enterprise-wide efficiencies, minimize supply chain bottlenecks, enhance carrier communications and improve customer service levels.
- The new Oracle Supply Chain applications that GrowHow has selected include Oracle Transportation Management, Oracle Warehouse Management, Oracle Order Management and Oracle Advanced Pricing.
- At the same time, GrowHow is upgrading the financial, procurement and enterprise asset management modules of its existing Oracle E-Business Suite deployment to the latest release, 12.1.3, creating a robust and supportable platform for the future.
- The new solution will replace GrowHow’s current legacy order management and warehouse management systems, which have been supported and maintained in-house for over a decade, as well as consolidate applications onto a single Oracle fulfillment and execution platform.
- This approach will enable GrowHow to eliminate the risks and costs associated with maintaining and controlling bespoke solutions, such as needing to provide specialist training and support, whilst also gaining full access to Oracle’s experienced and efficient support network.
- GrowHow chose to work with Oracle due to the wide market acceptance of their solutions, demonstrable customer track-record and ability to drive GrowHow’s entire order fulfillment process, enabling it to improve service through increased functionality and improved processes.
- Percipient, a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) helped GrowHow to select the best applications in support of its changing business needs.
- Mavenwire, also a Gold level member of OPN, will work closely with Percipient on the implementation of Oracle Transportation Management.
- The contract was awarded in October 2011.
- “With the new Oracle solution we will increase total visibility of our supply chain from suppliers to manufacture and distribution to end-customers, which will deliver significant benefits. The new platform will also allow us to integrate new modules and applications in the future, in a timely and cost effective manner. It also removes the need to have employees trained specifically to work on our legacy bespoke solution,” said Colin Jones, Chief Financial Officer at GrowHow.
- “By deploying Oracle’s “industrial-strength” fulfillment and value chain execution capabilities, GrowHow will be well positioned to compete more effectively in their increasingly competitive environment. It is great to see a leading UK mid-market customer select this solution, and we look forward to helping GrowHow achieve the benefits it desires,” said Dave Aldridge, vice president of UK, Ireland and Commercial Industries Applications, Oracle.
- “Our customers are often tasked with optimizing their existing systems and the Oracle solution will allow GrowHow to meet its changing business needs by increasing business efficiency. Additionally, the integrated solution will enable GrowHow to achieve a 360 degree view of its orders, helping it to effectively drive and manage future business processes,” said Paul Connelly, business development director, Percipient.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.