- Intuit Inc, a leading provider of business and financial management software solutions, including QuickBooks®, Quicken®, Mint.com, and TurboTax®, adopted Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Foundation Pack, Oracle SOA Suite, and six Oracle Process Integration Packs (PIPs) to integrate more than 35 diverse applications across the organisation.
- Like many large organisations, Intuit faced the challenge of desktop software silos that hindered core goals of improvements to cross-selling of products and services, customer privacy and preference, convergence of the customer data experience and increased overall customer satisfaction.
- Oracle AIA Foundation Pack and PIPs enabled Intuit to integrate diverse applications spanning CRM, finance, ecommerce, billing and revenue management and other systems into a process-driven business architecture capable of addressing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) licensing and provisioning that met and exceeded the company’s technology and business goals.
- Intuit accelerated time to completion of their application integrations initiatives, orchestrating end-to-end business processes across multiple applications, by leveraging between 50 and 80 percent of the integration designs and implementation code provided by the PIPs.
- Now using a single source of truth for products, customers, contacts and orders integrated across multiple applications allows multiple sales channel agents to focus on selling more software solutions into a competitive small and mid-sized business market with consistent business results.
- The new integration of diverse applications with Oracle AIA also delivers an even better experience for customers since a single agent can sell, support and satisfy questions on a number of different products.
- Today the system supports approximately 1,000 customer service agents and more than 250,000 customers, and will scale to 3,000 customer service agents and more than 2 million active customers by November 2011.
- As part of their Oracle AIA and Oracle SOA Suite selection, Intuit also adopted Oracle Enterprise Manager to deploy a management platform for an entire private cloud infrastructure, supporting the company’s 55 applications and its E2E Connected Cloud Services program.
- “From the very beginning, we chose Oracle because they have the products that satisfy our needs now and also our future needs, as our solution matures and our business evolves,” said Clifford Musante, chief architect for business infrastructure, Intuit. “Our experience with Oracle Application Integration Architecture is proof that organisations can undertake a business infrastructure realignment that results in an incredible new view of information and solid processes without the need for vast customisations.”
- “With Oracle Application Integration Architecture and Oracle SOA Suite, Intuit is able to leverage a complete set of tools, templates, pre-built integrations and implementation methodologies to help achieve better business improvements with their IT investments, provide business and IT agility, and lower the total cost of ownership,” said Michael Weingartner, VP, Business Integration Products, Oracle. “We look forward to our continued work with Intuit and providing greater visibility, capabilities and business value to both their organisation and customers alike.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 60,000 attendees from over 145 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 500 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is being held September 22-26 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, to register, or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.