Redwood Shores, CA – July 11, 2013
Introducing new products faster, reducing costs and increasing productivity continue to be top priorities for companies around the world and many of them are looking to Cloud computing to help meet these goals. Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation provides a unified platform across conventional and Cloud environments, which helps customers deliver next generation applications, simplify operations, accelerate time-to-market, lower their total cost of ownership and derive more value from their current application infrastructure.
- Oracle, today announced the latest 12c releases of its Cloud Application Foundation, which integrates application server and in-memory data grid capabilities into a foundation for Cloud computing. Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation consists of Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2 and in Oracle Coherence 12.1.2.
- Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation and productivity tools help customers deliver next generation applications, which extend to mobile devices, with a mission-critical Cloud platform; simplify operations through native Cloud management and accelerate time-to-market with a modern development platform and integrated tools.
- With Oracle WebLogic Server as the industry’s leading application server, driving Oracle to a #1 position in application servers with a market share of 40.7%, and Oracle Coherence as the industry’s leading in-memory data grid product, Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation provides the #1 application foundation across conventional and Cloud environments.
- Please join Oracle, along with partners and customers for the Cloud Application Foundation launch webcast on July 31, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. PDT Register here.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 3 provides comprehensive cloud management capabilities for Oracle Cloud Application Foundation, which can reduce lifecycle management complexity in private cloud environments by over 80 percent, maximize control of business application service levels and diagnose middleware issues up to 4x faster. See related press release.
- Oracle is also announcing 12c updates to its framework and developer tools product portfolio, including, Oracle Application Development Framework, Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, which provide an integrated development platform for Oracle Cloud Application Foundation. See related press release.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Administration and Oracle Coherence 12c New Features training are also available from Oracle to help administrators and developers simplify deployment and accelerate time to market.
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2:
- Utilizes dynamic clustering for Cloud elasticity and more efficient resource management, as well as simplified Java Messaging Service (JMS) administration for operational efficiency.
- Delivers complete certification and integration with Oracle Database 12c including support for pluggable database access and database application continuity capabilities for increased availability
- Helps increase developer productivity with enhanced support for Apache Maven for build and lifecycle management, and HTML5, Java and WebSockets for development of rich, mobile and cross-platform applications
- Provides declarative JSON or XML-based access to enterprise data sources via REST through Oracle TopLink data services
- Full details on Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2 are available in the datasheet
- Oracle Coherence 12.1.2:
- Scales applications to meet mobile and Cloud demands
- Powers applications with real-time availability of database changes automatically through Oracle Coherence GoldenGate HotCache and improves cluster lifecycle management by leveraging the Oracle WebLogic Management Framework with Managed Coherence Servers
- Enhances the customer experience with Oracle Coherence Live Events, a simplified event processing platform, and adapts to spikes in user demand automatically with dynamic proxy thread pooling
- Optimizes the tradeoff between performance and data consistency with flexible high-availability options and delivers multi-data center solutions with site-safe and rack-safe enhancements
- Full details on Oracle Coherence 12.1.2 are available in the datasheet
- Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence and Oracle Web Tier have a new common install, update, patch and provisioning framework, along with standardized administrative tooling, which further improves the customer experience and reduces operational complexity.
- Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Coherence are optimized to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud. Oracle Exalogic is a member of the Oracle Engineered Systems family, combining hardware and software to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Oracle, Java and other business applications, while delivering lower TCO, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
- With the new JMS message compression optimization in Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2, customers can accelerate JMS applications on Oracle Exalogic by up to 3x
- Oracle Coherence 12c on Oracle Exalogic X3-2 delivers real-time information through up to 6x faster response time on half the hardware compared to Oracle Coherence 3.7.1 on Oracle Exalogic X2-2
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c has already achieved world record SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark results including a result of 57,422.17 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS. This result represents 3.4 times better performance than the highest reported results with IBM WebSphere Application Server of 16,646.34 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS.
- “Cloud is becoming a key enabler for companies to introduce new products, reduce cost and increase productivity. Oracle Cloud Application Foundation offers a unified platform across conventional and cloud environments, so customers can leverage their existing investment in Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Coherence and move to the Cloud at a pace that meets the needs of their business,” said Cameron Purdy, vice president, Development, Oracle.
- “Harris Corporation is a world-class leader in design, deployment, and operation of highly-reliable, secure communications systems and information networks. Oracle WebLogic Server supports our approach to Enterprise Service Oriented Architecture solutions and Enterprise infrastructure systems and services,” said Steve Link, NEMS program chief systems engineer, Harris Corporation. “We’re really looking forward to new features in the Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2. For example, we expect the common installation and patching tools across Oracle Fusion Middleware components to improve efficiency in our operations and further reduce the costs of deploying new services and maintaining the enterprise infrastructure. Also, Web Sockets is a new HTML 5 technology in WebLogic that we anticipate will help us enable enhanced device connectivity, particularly with mobile devices.”
- “Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) is a $6B Hong Kong-based container shipping and logistics service company. We run our mission critical ERP application on Oracle WebLogic Server along with Oracle Coherence. Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Coherence maximize the application performance and scalability and improve response time and hardware resource efficiency”, said Matt Rosen, Director of Applications Development at OOCL. “We are really excited to see what’s coming in Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2 and Oracle Coherence 12.1.2. We expect the integrated management framework will drive up our operational efficiency and the Oracle GoldenGate HotCache feature will improve data availability by surfacing database changes to applications through Oracle Coherence in real-time. The enhanced Apache Maven support will also help drive higher developer productivity and WebSocket support will allow us to respond to our customers and partners in real time.”
- “Turkcell is the leading communications and technology company in Turkey, with 34.9 million subscribers and $1.5 billion revenue. Oracle WebLogic Server is the key middleware product in our CRM, value added services and billing/charging business lines. We use Oracle Coherence largely for caching frequently accessed data in some mission critical business functions including, call center, order management and campaign management”, said Batuhan Karakullukcu, senior application server administrator at Turkcell. “We are really excited to see what’s coming in Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2 and Coherence 12.1.2. The integrated management framework will drive up our operational efficiency and with Database Resident Connection Pooling, we expect to reduce connection creation and termination overhead through the improved integration between Oracle WebLogic Server and the Oracle Database. In addition, we expect enhanced JMS Management to make scaling JMS servers across Oracle WebLogic Server instances and domains easier.”
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation Launch Webcast
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2 Overview Whitepaper
- Oracle Coherence 12.1.2 Overview Whitepaper
- Connect with Oracle Cloud Application Foundation on Blog and Twitter
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Coherence via Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Follow Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle ADF on Twitter, Facebook and Blog
- Follow Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse on Twitter, Facebook and Blog
- Follow Oracle Enterprise Manager on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Blog
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Blog, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
 Source: Gartner, Inc. “Market Share, All Software Markets, Worldwide, 2012," March 29, 2013, By Colleen Graham, Joanne Correia, David Coyle, Christine Arcaris, Fabrizio Biscotti, Matthew Cheung, Ruggero Contu, Federico de Silva Leon, Yanna Dharmasthira, Tom Eid, Chad Eschinger, Bianca Granetto, Hai Hong Swinehart, Hideaki Horiuchi, Koji Motoyoshi, Yurika Nagashima, Chris Pang, Asheesh Raina, Dan Sommer, Bhavish Sood, Michael Warrilow, Laurie Wurster and Jie Zhang”
 SPEC and the benchmark name SPECjEnterprise are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. Results are from www.spec.org, as of 06/28/2013. WebLogic Server 12c (12.1.1) on SPARC T5-8, 57,422.17 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS; WebSphere Application Server V7 on IBM Power 780, 16,646.34 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.