Redwood Shores, Calif. – September 29, 2011
- Oracle today announced that Chief Executive Officer Larry Ellison will kick off Oracle OpenWorld 2011, the world’s largest information technology event, with a keynote address outlining Oracle’s vision for engineered systems – hardware and software engineered to work together.
- Industry leaders from Cisco, Dell, EMC and Infosys, as well as senior Oracle executives, will also deliver keynotes during the five-day conference.
- This year’s keynotes will feature insights into industry trends, upcoming technology breakthroughs and innovations, and key strategies for achieving new business trends.
- Oracle OpenWorld is being held October 2-6, 2011 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
- Watch live Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more on YouTube.
- Sunday, October 2 | 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. | Moscone North, Hall D
- Larry Ellison, Oracle Chief Executive Officer, will open this year’s conference by highlighting Oracle’s latest innovations, including Oracle’s engineered systems – hardware and software engineered to work together.
- Monday, October 3 | 8:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. | Moscone North, Hall D
- Oracle President Mark Hurd will begin Monday’s activities discussing Oracle’s strategy to deliver integrated systems that feature hardware and software engineered to work together. Oracle Executive Vice President of Development Thomas Kurian will discuss the latest innovations in Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware and in its engineered systems.
- Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, will outline how the journey to cloud computing (private clouds, public clouds and, ultimately, hybrid clouds) is transforming IT infrastructure, applications and end-user device layers, ushering in a wave of disruptive change unlike anything the industry has ever experienced. He will also provide insight into some of the ground-breaking tools and technologies that are helping to unlock the value of Big Data.
- Tuesday, October 4 | 8:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. | Moscone North, Hall D
- John Fowler, Oracle Executive Vice President of Systems and Edward Screven, Oracle Chief Corporate Architect, will discuss how Oracle is rapidly expanding its integrated technology stack of best-of-breed hardware and software components to deliver performance, convenience and cost savings for customers.
- Michael Dell, Dell Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, will discuss how innovation across the IT continuum will continue to change the way our industry defines, designs and consumes technology.
- Wednesday, October 5 | 8:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. | Moscone North, Hall D
- Steve Miranda, Oracle Executive Vice President of Applications Development, will showcase the latest innovations in Oracle Applications, including Fusion Applications, new Applications releases and industry solutions.
- John Chambers, Cisco Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, will discuss how the network supports and empowers customers through data center transformation.
- Wednesday, October 5 | 2:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Moscone North, Hall D
- Oracle Chief Executive Officer Larry Ellison will share his views on Oracle’s cloud computing strategy spanning both private and public clouds.
- Infosys Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director S. D. Shibulal will deliver a keynote on new paradigms for growth in building tomorrow’s enterprise.
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco, the information technology event dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs, draws more than 45,000 attendees from 117 countries. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 offers more than 2000 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is being held October 2-6 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld live on YouTube for keynotes, sessions and more at www.youtube.com/oracle.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.