ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO – Oct. 3, 2011
- To meet the increasingly mobile demands of today’s workforce, Oracle today announced the support for Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on the Apple iPad.
- By enabling customers to access JD Edwards EnterpriseOne enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications and data anywhere and at any time through the intuitive iPad user interface, Oracle is the first and only vendor to deliver a comprehensive enterprise suite on the iPad.
- To meet the specific demands of field technicians who regularly perform service work on the road, Oracle has also released an iPad application for Field Service Work Order, ready for download for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 customers.
- Available as part of standard maintenance, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers on releases 8.12 or 9.0 can access the new mobile capabilities by applying a simple JD Edwards EnterpriseOne tools update.
Improved Access to Business Information Helps Increase Productivity
- Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an integrated applications suite of comprehensive enterprise resource planning software that combines business value, standards-based technology and deep industry experience into a business solution with a low total cost of ownership.
- Support for the iPad offers JD Edwards EnterpriseOne users an intuitive and safe platform with functionality targeted to optimise their dynamic business needs. Key features of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for the iPad include:
- Enhanced iPad user experience with the addition of application-specific gestures to create intuitive and efficient interactions.
- Context-sensitive awareness minimising the number of touch interactions required by presenting the correct touch screen keyboard for specific user data entry tasks.
- Specialised functionality tailored for field technicians, including instant access to important attachments, technical manuals and work order documentation, as well as one-touch access to Google Maps for driving directions.
- Support for standard security and deployment features to enable worry-free mobile deployments.
- Customers on current maintenance can access the complete JD Edwards EnterpriseOne suite of applications on the iPad immediately by updating to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 188.8.131.52 from the Update Center. The Field Service Work Order app can be downloaded from the Update Center.
- “Customers do not want to develop costly customised applications to meet increased demand for anytime, anywhere access to important business data,” said Lyle Ekdahl, group vice president general manager, JD Edwards, Oracle. “By delivering the first complete ERP suite that can run entirely on the iPad, Oracle is enabling Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers to access and update business information and insights, regardless of their location.”
- “The rise of enterprise mobility is empowering organisations to dramatically improve business processes and workforce collaboration,” said Mike Fauscette, Group Vice President, Software Business Solutions at IDC. “Facilitating remote access to ERP applications is a growing trend and is becoming an immediate priority for organisations. In particular, tablets – such as the iPad – will support enterprises’ mobility initiatives, offering an effective option for field technicians and traveling workers.”
- "Oracle has responded to customer requests in providing iPad support for Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. Implementation was a snap as part of the normal tools release update, and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne-specific gestures make the user experience very intuitive," said Don Sauve, Programmer/Analyst - ERP and Payroll, Wagstaff, Inc.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 60,000 attendees from over 145 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 500 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is being held September 22-26 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, to register, or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.