Redwood Shores, Calif. – August 27, 2013
- In the lead-up to Oracle OpenWorld 2013, Oracle today announced the Oracle executive keynote lineup.
- This year, Oracle executives will feature insights into industry trends, the latest technology developments and innovations as well as key strategies for achieving business efficiency and innovation. They will be joined by special guests to discuss important business drivers such as big data, cloud computing, human capital management (HCM) and customer experience.
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013 takes place September 22 – September 26, 2013 at Moscone Center in San Francisco.
- Welcome Keynote – “Oracle Database 12c In-Memory Database and M6 Big Memory Machine”: Larry Ellison, Oracle Chief Executive Officer
- “Transforming Businesses with Big Data and Analytics”: Mark Hurd, Oracle President, will kick off the first full day of Oracle OpenWorld with a discussion addressing how to harness the value of big data; craft an IT strategy to capture, store, and manage large and growing volumes of data; and leverage big data to make decisions about business operations and products and services for transforming your business.
- “Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together: Simplifying and Enabling IT for a Cloud, Big Data, and Customer Driven World”: Thomas Kurian, Executive Vice President, Product Development and John Fowler, Executive Vice President, Systems, present the latest vision and updates on how Oracle is simplifying IT and enabling customers worldwide to take advantage of the latest trends to transform their business and make IT work better for them.
- “The Oracle Cloud Platform: Database as a Service. Java as a Service.”: Larry Ellison, Oracle Chief Executive Officer
- “Modern Customer Experience: Welcome to the Age of the Customer”: David Vap, Group Vice President, Product Development, and Reggie Bradford, Senior Vice President, Product Development, will discuss how companies can fully exploit opportunities in customer interactions with a set of superb customer experience and social relationship management applications that enables them to deliver satisfying, fulfilling, and engaging customer experiences—from pre-purchase research and social investigations to purchases, service, add-ons, and more.
- “Unlocking Innovation and the Value of Embedded Intelligence on Devices”: Edward Screven, Oracle Chief Corporate Architect will discuss the opportunities and challenges created by the Internet of Things and the rise of a machine-to-machine (M2M) ecosystem, exploring this fascinating new world and how it is changing IT, changing the data center, and changing the way we interact not only with our devices but also with each other.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 60,000 attendees from over 122 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 475 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is being held September 22-26 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live on YouTube. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.