- The Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Forum activities kicked off a week of partner programming and networking opportunities at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 for Oracle partners.
- A record 4,500 partners from around the globe attended Sunday’s OPN Forum – more than doubling last year’s attendance. Partners assembled to hear more about how they can leverage new and existing OPN resources and programs to learn, grow and profit with Oracle.
- Judson Althoff, Oracle’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Alliances & Channels and Embedded Sales, jumpstarted OPN Forum by thanking partners for their continued excellence and encouraged the audience to leverage Oracle innovation, Specialization and engineering to extend their services and business opportunities.
- Althoff also applauded the continued global adoption of the OPN Specialized program, noting Oracle’s 3,000 Specialized partners and 30,000 total cumulative certified implementation specialists, to date.
- During the session Althoff and other OPN leaders announced new additions to OPN’s Enablement offerings, including the availability of Oracle Exastack Optimized and new Oracle Exastack Remote Labs; as well as preview of upcoming enhancements to the OPN Solutions Catalog.
- Partners including Arrow, Avnet, cVidya, Enkitec, GoldenSource and Pythian and Triple Point, joined Althoff on stage to share their successes with Oracle’s engineered systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and excitement over the opportunity presented to the channel by Oracle’s recently announced Oracle Database Appliance.
- Oracle President and CFO Safra Catz and Oracle President Mark Hurd thanked partners for their continued commitment to Oracle and reiterated the value Oracle’s partner ecosystem brings to the company.
- Afternoon breakout sessions provided specific content addressing priorities for the Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LAD), and North America (NAS) regions. Annual partner awards for each region were also announced.
- Partners also had the opportunity to participate in special interest group sessions (SIGs) around specific product lines, including Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, Oracle’s JD Edwards, Java and Oracle Accelerate; amongst others.
- “There has never been a better time to be an Oracle partner,” said Judson Althoff, Oracle Senior Vice President of Worldwide Alliances & Channels and Embedded Sales. “Oracle’s dedication to innovation, specialization enablement and engineering provides partners with a huge opportunity to create new services and solutions, differentiate themselves and deliver extreme value to joint customers across the globe.”
- Speaking to Oracle Partners, President and CFO Safra Catz added, “You are our soldiers on the ground. You contribute your time and hard effort to our joint success. For me, it’s about saying thank you. What we’ve got together has never been stronger and this is only the beginning.”
- “We look to you, our partners, to help execute on our strategy and take our products to places we can’t get to,” said Oracle President Mark Hurd. “We want to reach more people, with more Specializations and build deeper relationships with customers. You are strategic to our success and we will continue to work hard to support the Oracle partner ecosystem.”
Notes to editors
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco, the information technology event dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs, draws more than 45,000 attendees from 117 countries. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 offers more than 2000 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 475 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is being held October 2-6 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Watch Oracle OpenWorld live on YouTube for keynotes, sessions and more at www.youtube.com/oracle.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle’s products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.