Redwood Shores, Calif. – March 22, 2011
- Oracle today announced that Colt Technology Services has gone live with Oracle’s Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery (RODOD) solution, enabling it to extend the cloud-based services already on offer to enterprises through its Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions.
- Using Oracle’s RODOD, Colt acquired the ability to rapidly automate the provisioning of combined cloud and network services as a single integrated solution. This provided for an improved user experience and full order lifecycle visibility with supporting enterprise-grade service level agreements (SLA).
- Implemented by Oracle Consulting within six months, RODOD simplified the process of taking elements from the IT and network, and offering them in complex cloud services.
- Oracle’s RODOD solution will enable Colt Technology Services to use automated processes to deliver cloud services to
enterprise customers in a matter of hours rather than weeks.
- With 19 data centers and fibre networks connecting 38 major European cities, Colt Technology Services has the infrastructure in place to support businesses with stable, secure and high-performing cloud services.
- Colt Technology Services selected Oracle’s RODOD solution for its out-of-the-box functionality, ease of deployment and ability to integrate with current and future IT investments.
- Components of Oracle’s RODOD solution include Oracle Communications Order and Service Management, Oracle’s Siebel CRM, Oracle Product Hub for Communications and Oracle Application Integration Architecture for Communications.
- “Enterprises throughout Europe face very similar challenges. They need to lower operational costs, while improving their overall efficiency. With our fibre network and 19 data centers, we knew that we had the infrastructure in place to offer substantial value to enterprises, helping them manage and scale their resources. But designing, launching and managing cloud services is complex and fraught with integration issues that can add weeks to the introduction of a new service. However, with Oracle’s RODOD solution, we are able to launch compelling services in hours, with the right technology in place to support our business as it continues to evolve,” said Mark Leonard, EVP, Infrastructure Services Unit, Colt Technology Services.
- “Colt Technology Services is a great example of a company evolving its business to meet changes in market demand. As enterprises worldwide continue to seek smarter ways to manage their infrastructure, Colt is well-positioned to capitalise on this demand by offering a broader selection of cloud services earlier than any of its competitors. We look forward to working with Colt Technology Services in the years ahead to ensure its cloud services continue to exceed customer expectations,” said Dan Ford, vice president of product marketing, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle’s software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape — from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than two billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.